EPISODE: Pandemic Grief and the Lost College Experience
Search Feed That Nation on Apple, Spotify, YouTube, Anchor, or your favorite podcast listening platforms, or click HERE!
Pandemic Grief and The Lost College Experience
This week on Feed That Nation, I’m talking all about pandemic grief and the lost college experience with guest Mandi, the founder of Inner Harbor Grief Support and host of the Mourning Meeting Podcast.
In this episode, Mandi and I discuss:
- Grief and loss in the context of the pandemic
- Specific struggles that college students are facing during this time
- What it can look like to positively and negatively cope with pandemic grief
- Advice for students who are wanting to check-in on their friends and have difficult conversations.
- How students can advocate for themselves and validate their own and others’ experiences
- Where college students can find additional grief and mental health resources, on and off-campus.
Trigger Warnings & Disclaimers
This podcast episode contains topics relating to mental health, grief and loss, a brief discussion about drug and alcohol use/abuse, and non-graphic mentions of self-harm and suicide.
If you or someone you know is in crisis, please call 911 or your local emergency mental health services immediately.
Feed That Nation is for educational and entertainment purposes only and does not replace individualized medical care from licensed professionals.
Mandi and I acknowledge the privilege that comes from being white-presenting, straight-presenting, cis-presenting, and able-bodied presenting. We both have ample access to support and resources, as well as education and training around mental health and wellbeing.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Mandi & Inner-Harbor: inner-harbor.org
- My “Therapy 101” Episode: https://youtu.be/C1_Xx–5zG8
- National Alliance for Grieving Children: www.childrengrieve.org
- Coalition for Grieving Students: https://grievingstudents.org/
- Heal Grief’s AMF app: https://healgrief.org/amf-app/
- Radical Grief: https://radicalgrief.thinkific.com/